Monday, August 5, 2013

Epistolary Art

"Actually, McCain wasn't that much of a maverick." -- Kathleen Parker

AO Scott represents the worst aspects of east coast liberalism; had he been presented to me as an ambulatory husband I would have been allowed to choose, I might have taken a second look at the pair bonding dynamic between Josie Byzek and her partner Virginia (not really, but in terms of trigger happy hyperbole what is a broken down and angry writer to utilize?) Assuredly, he is an excellent critic, but the difference between the shield of his snobbery and the pretensions of my failed intellectual ambitions are leagues deep and miles wide. I would have been perfectly happy being Patrick Stewart's fuck bunny on an Enterprise mock up instead, and this has much to do with why I breached the paywall of The Washington Post, only to discover I now belong to the harem of Jeff Bezos.

What is an old woman to do?

My letter to my former state representative Babette Josephs is important and I am struggling to get it *right,* in template form because it will probably serve for the most part as my first chapter for a non-fiction book proposal on why independent living centers do not work. I fully understand that I am not the only American traumatized by bad executive acts and you are sick of me mentioning Linda's name and hey spastic, look what it is doing to you?

But what the paradigm did to me reflects the hell, literally, it inflicts on others who cannot in fact raise their voices. Can I actually get Linda fired? I really don't know, but in real world terms, if I had taken action then instead of fearing that the EEOC would have turned its wrath on me, she would not have remained as second in command. What the center's community services staff did later in terms of their lack of competency are additional jewels in the crown, and what triggers these oppressive engagements is what Foucault examined with the design, conception of the panopticon. I have to walk this line, move, rescue my literary legacy all at the same time. If all else fails, I could mew to the Sicilians.

No comments:

Post a Comment