Thursday, October 3, 2013

Aperture by Spurs

"I have no choice."-- Blair Underwood's rendition

Things sometimes take a leisurely pace in permeating consciousness, indicating that Fitzgerald had a most timely jazz age idea, to be born with the acumen of life's experience first. In my visual study of films-- only visual at this point, since the approach to film studies and expending precious capital by causing offense to instructors is a non-sequitur if I cannot spare the time for a crash course (and the back of my mind worries about giving the Rosenbach a coronary; I did print sheets of my listing and meekly suggested a quid pro quo promotion, turning over in my mind how to wryly get past plumbing the depths; if Elyse peeked I have not the faintest idea of her reaction, ditto Althena, ditto young Lance, who I may never set eyes on again). I was sheepish with the director, and have to work on dropping the sheepish. This is a game, but with a deadly serious intent.

Only in recent years has it dawned how much Confederate guerrillas were responsible for the actual, the mythologized violence in the western territories. Dances With Wolves, at first breath taking, now under my breath I'd ask Christ to spare me Kevin Costner's immersion if he (Jesus) wasn't anything more than sugar candy. Pope Francis is giving me pause, but patriotic fealty softens that hesitation. Emperors are politicians too, fingers to the wind. It can be found in older studio films as well, Southern rubes, urbane Unionist troops. Costner and others muddied those succinctly drawn lines from Ike's era. It is interesting, the shift of the image in tandem with changing cultural mores. What Hank doesn't tell you I shall. Blair will fail for the same reason Bochco's Blind Justice failed. Disabled police potentially jeopardize lives. There are things we cannot do, also things we shouldn't do. Ironside is progress, but it is not veracious enough.

My mother would be turning in her grave, as my aunt is, still above ground, that I have bucked attendant care at my age. This is Liberty's fault as much as mine. Their community services department dropped me because I was angry about the sexual harassment circa 2006. They would not have treated me like this if Linda and I had not eviscerated each other. Some of you are astute people, and hear it. Tick tock. Duress aside, I never wanted the service, only custodial assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment