Thursday, September 11, 2014

Relocation Manual

Notice of grievance with intent to withhold rental subsidy, for now date unspecified:

Item 1: In February 1993 I was the victim of a home invasion in the second Diamond Park Apartment unit under Presby Senior's management, staff member Terri Way, at 1500 W Page Street. A grandson of a tenant, Brandon Philips, knocked on the door of my central one bedroom unit, claiming to be with the Water Department. The exterminator was due to arrive, and I had taken the off from the disability center in order to transition to the Matrix Research Institute. I telephoned the office to see if the Water Department was scheduled in tandem with the mandatory extermination, left a message and proceeded, unable to utilize the peep hole, to unlock my door, asked for ID. Brandon clamped his hand over my mouth, dragged my wheelchair to the bedroom, threatened me with expletives, attempted to strangle me. I fought back, survived, this on top of being exposed to eight years of systemic black on black violence.

Ms. Way used undue influence to dissuade me from litigation, and after turning a Riverside unit down once, I reluctantly moved in under Peggy Smith, who was released, engaged in again systemic conflict over the mandatory food program.

Item 2: Under Debra Schwab I was banned from the dining service due to harassment of the senior tenants, forced to pay for a service I did not want, and had to get Steven Gold's intervention on this matter shortly before I resigned from case management.

Item 3: I was continually harassed by senior tenants knocking on my door and calling me dirty cripple.

Item 4: I was swindled and molested by two minority paraprofessionals from Unlimited Staffing. Ms Eddy, in particular, engaging in sexual touches to my person, after undergoing other choice negative behaviors from some personal attendants. This occurred in 2006 after I had received a letter from then manager Brenda Williams about non compliance with the lease.

Item 5: Trudy Richard intimidated me with an assessment team after my refusal to accept biweekly inspections shortly after she was hired as senior manager. She provides different rationales for this action depending on the parties, inclusive of my family, who have interceded on my behalf. I will leave it to deposition for Ms. Richardson to decide which rationale she wants to stick with in her evasive maneuvers to keep Presby free of liability in its continuous violations of my rights under the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, let alone the ADA.

Item 6: I was injured during the building renovations while I was being dropped from Keystone Mercy and could not obtain my medical equipment for a significant period of time.

Item 7: I have refused to give Ms. Richardson a letter about spend down of my personal assets. She has been fully aware that I received a death benefit in 2005 and refuses to give me a legal reason for this letter despite previous compliance with 28 years of recertification adjustments to my subsidy monthly rental amount.

I am going to demand both punitive damages and that Presby will assist in my transfer and accessibility needs under another landlord, and hereby stipulate my compliance with Riverside Senior shall cease without access and protection of legal counsel. I am forwarding this to the Mayor's Commission on Disability, Nakea Fuller, accessibility coordinator with PHA, and will include it in my complainant letter to my political representatives.

Unit 514
*********
This is why I'm so unhappy. The system is in dire need of reform.

No comments:

Post a Comment