Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dog Earred

I am just bookmarking Dana's column in hopes that I can retrieve it from archive later should I need to cancel or take a break from my subscription. I disagree with Milbank's polemical slant most of the time, but I am only marginally versed in these Silicon Valley intramural conglomerate politics. Dana is evidently well versed, and if he was this passionate more often I might reassess his expertise. I could never really dream of being in the TNR family, and frittered a bit of that capital in the heyday of the Street administration, but if their interns replied to me personally, then I'm good enough for a few clips before dying, and want to stay abreast.

The Web did not quite purchase me justice, but even I've had an impact (finally). But we're losing something. Not paper and ink really, more the accretion of dedicating ourselves to the best, which is why Blood of the Vine feels like a tutorial for a bygone world.

No comments:

Post a Comment